LIFESPAN TRAVEL GRANT CALL 2020
LIFESPAN TRAVEL GRANT CALL IS CLOSED.
Results of the travel grant call will be announced latest on 25.3.2020.
Contact Anne Lahdenperä ( ankahy ( at ) utu.fi ) for more information.
Lifespan travel grant call rules and instructions:
- The applicant has to be a member of a Lifespan group
- For international travels within Europe one can apply for max 500 eur and for travels outside Europe max 800 eur. For important national meetings, one can apply for max 200 eur.
- You can receive only one Lifespan travel grant for an international meeting / year
- In an international meeting, you have to present your research as a poster or oral presentation. Abstract has to be included in the application. If you receive Lifespan travel grant before your abstract is accepted for presentation, you have to prove the acceptance before you are entitled to reimburse your expensed from Lifespan.
- Lifespan travel grant is a SECONDARY source of support. You need to apply for 100% support from other primary sources (such as the Turku University Foundation, other foundations, graduate school) for all travel expenses before you are entitled to receive a travel grant from Lifespan. Please present the funding plan in the application form (“Funding from other sources”) to indicate which primary sources you have applied (or will apply) for funding. Those applicants who can show that they have applied (or are in the process of applying) the total travel budget from other sources are prioritized over those who show inactivity in applying grants. Lifespan makes decisions conditionally, and the Lifespan grant is paid only if the decisions of the primary sources are negative, or if the received sums are not enough to cover all the travel expenses.
- Travel and costs need to take place during year 2020.